Crown the Cat is entered to run Thursday at Canterbury Park in race 2: a $5,000 claiming six furlong sprint for non winners of 2 races lifetime. Exactly the spot for her! She drew post three and has Ry Eikleberry aboard.
Now of course we need the track to reopen.
CtC has all four shoes on now. Kenny took her to the track this morning for a jog. He said she went well and felt good. He may breeze her tomorrow to see where she is.
For now we will stay put at Canterbury but should this shutdown extend into next weekend we may have to again consider shipping somewhere to run. We are seeing more and more trainers entering elsewhere but there has been no exodus of horses from the grounds.
We really need to hope that the judge reconsiders her decision based on the additional info provided an allows us to reopen. It is time to put 1,000 people back to work at Canterbury Park.
Hope that the courts can have a positive action for Canterbury early this week. It looks like the goofs at the capitol can't get their act together to get anything solved. We look forward to seeing Crown the Cat Thursday night with the right outcome.
I am starting to see familiar names showing up in the entries at Prairie Meadows… I sure hope the State gets this figured out before we lose everyone….
Lets move her to Iowa
Lets look at PM condition book for next week, if something changes here we can cancel and enter her at home. I am starting to wonder when the appeal ruling will happen.On a side note : I attended todays press conference and was impressed by all but Mike Beard and one other fellow.
Unfortunately I think it is time to move south to Prairie Meadows until the state government can get its act together. Purse money is pretty good and I think the Cat could perform well.
Could the bills for the previous months be posted? The last one was incomplete without the vet bills. And a posting regarding how to start a syndicate and find a trainer would be helpful. Thanks 🙂
Can you describe what the process is for CTC (any entered horse) for the 24 hrs prior to a race card start. I chose the time period because during the shutdown a race card go/no go decision had to be made 24 hrs b4 the first post time.Whats the current thinking for CTC?
Horses receive pre-race medication, ie Bute, about 24 hours before the race.On the morning of the race, the feeding program is altered a bit and then four hours before post time the horse receives lasix. JM