Please see the previous post for updates regarding June and July vet bills and the updated account information through the end of July.
Vet bills have come in for both June and July. The total balance is $506.00 for both months. In all, this is very reasonable.
We have itemized billing for July, but unfortunately do not have itemized billing for the month of June. Remember, as 80% owners, you are only responsible for 80% of the bills.
June Vet Bills – $298.00
July Vitamins – $50.00
July Bute Treatment – $15.00
Respiratory Treatment – $40.00
Enzyme Treatment – $25.00
Joint Lubricant – $18.00
Estrogen Treatment – $20.00
Raceday Lasix – $20.00
Lactic Acid Medicine – $20.00
Less 80% of Vitamins ($40) – $8,258.18
Less 80% of Bute ($12) – $8,246.18
Less 80% of Respiratory Treatment ($32) – $8,214.18
Less 80% of Enzyme Treatment ($20) – $8,194.18
Less 80% Joint Lubricant ($14.40) – $8,179.78
Less 80% of Estrogen Treatment ($16) – $8,163.78
Less 80% Lasix Treatment ($16) – $8,147.78
Less 80% of Lactic Acid Medicine ($16) – $8,131.78
As perviously mentioned, Crown the Cat is entered in Race 5 on Thursday. Approximate post time is 9:00 p.m. and she will break from Post #2. An area has been reserved in Silks for the Crown the Cat Club if you wish to sit there. Per usual, Jeff and/or Andrew will meet club members interested in going into the paddock shortly after race four outside of the paddock (about 8:40).
Finally! The race for Thursday night did fill, $5,000 non-winners of three races lifetime going one mile and seventy yards. There is a field of seven, including a couple of horses that had been running in Iowa. Now that Prairie Meadows’ thoroughbred meet has concluded, a few of them have shipped north and they really made this race fill.
Obviously this will be a tougher spot than the last race, we’ll see how it looks on paper later in the week. We’ll plan on reserving a section of Silks for the group – we’ll provide more information once we confirm that with group sales.
Plans Following this Race for Crown the Cat
Multiple group members have been inquiring about the plans for Crown the Cat following the meet. Jeff, Andrew and Kevin have been discussing the options over the last week and, based on the club agreement that everyone signed at the beginning of the racing season, the club must sell the horse.
However, members of the existing group would certainly be able to put together a new group that would be able to purchase Crown the Cat. If a group of existing group members would like to carry on following the conclusion of the live meet, we are going to require that they come forward by Labor Day, Monday, September 5.
In order to move forward, a group will likely need to come up with approximately $10,000 to purchase the horse and ensure that there is enough money to pay the expenses for the next 6 months or so.
The reason we are asking for a group to come forward by Labor Day is that the horse’s value will decline as we get closer to the end of the last week of racing. Essentially, the market for potential buyers continues to dwindle as the meet draws toward a conclusion. If a group doesn’t emerge from the Club, we’ll be required to try to sell to other interests – which could be difficult.
In any case, the Club’s finances will not be complete until approximately two weeks after the meet. We will need to finalize all bills prior to sending everyone their pro-rated portion of the remaining balance.
Unfortunately, the race for Sunday again drew the same five runners as it did for Saturday. The race is back as an extra for next Thursday and the sprint race is in the book for Friday. We’ll hope that one of the two races goes, it’s hard to be picky about the distance at this point in the meet.
Stay tuned to the blog over the weekend for more updates on potential races. We’ll also have a post regarding what the club would like to do at the end of the meet. We need to start making arrangements next week.
Unfortunately, the race for Saturday did not fill again. It only drew five entries and is back as an extra for Sunday. Hopefully we will get it to go for Sunday, otherwise we will have to aim for the sprint on September 2. Stay tuned as we’ll give you an update tomorrow after entries close.
We’ve been waiting on the both the June and July vet bills for a couple of weeks and we have been promised that the issue has been fixed and that we will be getting them any day now. However, we wanted to update you through the end of July’s training expenses.