First of all, we hope that you had a good Thanksgiving and we apologize that we were unable to post this sooner due to the Holiday.
Bam galloped late last week and bled, similar to what happened to him here in late May. The vet looked at him then and again yesterday after he jogged. Although he did not bleed yesterday, the vet advised against entering him as a precaution.
The plan moving forward is to jog today, gallop tomorrow and then breeze him mid-week and see what happens. Depending how that regimen works, new plans will be made.
The vet suggested sending him to an off-track animal hospital for examination. However, Clay opted against that as it is likely we find no new information and spend $1,000 or more in the process.
Obviously, it’s disappointing to have this happen right before a race that you’ve been waiting on, but there isn’t much you can do about it. Racing is a tough game and horses certainly aren’t machines.
We will keep you apprised of any news and will let you know what happens during the week following the prescribed training plan.