EDDY was finally able to get his second work in since the weather washed out his previous attempt on Sunday and the main track was closed yesterday. EDDY covered the five furlongs in 1:00.80 placing him 2nd of 15 works at the distance today. He did it pretty well and Clay said that he came back just fine but they were icing his ankles as a precaution.
“Now it’s time to get a race,” Clay said this morning.
The issue with the coming weekend is the rainout this past Sunday is going to wreak havoc with this Sunday’s schedule and the $4000 or $5000 claiming race we would be pointing toward will likely not be used. Therefore we will look in the new condition book and see what is coming up shortly. Eddy appears to be ready to roll and we don’t want to waste any time getting him entered.
FRIDAY NIGHT TRACK CONDITIONS
Right now it appears as if we should have a nice firm turf course on Friday with little rain in the forecast. That said, should there be a change and the race comes off the turf, MUNDY would be scratched. Again, that appears unlikely as of now but for planning purposes you all should know that if the race goes off the turf, MUNDY will scratch.