MJ and TERICE appear to be doing well. TERICE heads back to the track to gallop tomorrow and MJ continues to train well. It looks like we’ll be bringing back (at least trying to!) MJ on July 27th, same level, while TERICE may make her Club debut on August 3 in a step up.
The RSVPs for this Sunday’s tour are a little over 30. If you haven’t sent me your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for Sunday yet, please do so. We will meet you all at the stable gate at 9:30 AM. While we may wait a couple of minutes, late comers cannot be allowed entry to the backside, so please be prompt. We will check out the end of morning works, visit the admin building, go up to the pool and then head over to Clay’s barn to see our girls. Here are some ground rules to keep in mind:
– There will be a LOT of walking so wear comfortable shoes and be prepared. The tour will take about 2 hours, perhaps a bit more so be comfortable and dress for the weather;
– If you’re bringing kids, keep a close hold of them. There is a lot of potential for injury and we cannot be responsible for kids wandering off. Which leads to the next point…
– Horses have the right of way at all times. We’ll keep the group close together and make sure that we give the horses a wide berth. There will be a lot of activity this time of the morning and we need to make sure that we stay out of the way.
– When we get to Clay’s barn we will gather outside, like we did last year for those of you that went on last year’s tour. There are simply too many of us to go inside the barn. Remember that while this is a tour for us, it’s also their workplace. Juan will bring our gals out one at a time and there should be the opportunity for petting, photos and mint giving!
See you Sunday!
Terice’s past performance show a cross between dirt & turf races. Has Clay given any indication which surface he thinks will be better for Terice?
We’re thinking turf. Her speed numbers, especially recently, seem to show that while she’s solid on both surfaces she may be better on turf. It does give us flexibility though, which is nice.
I don’t see much for her conditions on Aug. 3. Perhaps there is something I don’t see in the book or there is an extra somewhere out there.
I think Clay had the wrong date when I talked to him this AM. I think he meant the 2nd. He’s looking at the starter allowance over the turf. But we’ll see.
Is there confirmation yet for MJ’s race this coming weekend?
No. Entries are not drawn until Thursday for Sunday. We won’t know until Thursday afternoon.