First of all, both tours are full. This is the first time that’s ever happened so thank you all very much, it should be a lot of fun.
Secondly, we will not be seeing TENS WILD on Saturday since it is a race day and Clay doesn’t want the distraction for him. As you know, he got a little worked up and washy last time out and Clay wants to keep him relaxed for the race. He’s been schooled again in the paddock just to get him more used to it and, hopefully, keep him more relaxed Saturday afternoon.
Finally, a heads up to the August group: though this has never happened before (a tour the day of the race) it could happen then too.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
– We will meet you all at the stable gate at 9:30 AM. While we may wait a couple of minutes, late comers cannot be allowed entry to the backside, so please be prompt. The stable gate is located on Barenschere (sp) Rd. If you’re approaching Canterbury from 169, go straight through the lights instead of turning left at the light. The backside will be on your left. Take the first left and then the first left again. That is the stable entrance. You can park along the side there or along Barenshere on the grass.
– We will check out the end of morning works, visit the admin building and go up to the equine pool.
– There will be a LOT of walking so wear comfortable shoes and be prepared. The tour will take about 2 hours, perhaps a bit more so be comfortable and dress for the weather;
– If you’re bringing kids, keep a close hold of them. There is a lot of potential for injury and we cannot be responsible for kids wandering off. Which leads to the next point…
– Horses have the right of way at all times. We’ll keep the group close together and make sure that we give the horses a wide berth. There will be a lot of activity this time of the morning and we need to make sure that we stay out of the way.
See you then!