The group this Sunday is completely full. There is, however, plenty of room still on 8/5 if you haven’t RSVP’d yet. Any that come in now will have to be on the August tour. It’s very exciting that so many folks are taking advantage of the tour!
Here are the details:
– We will meet you all at the stable gate at 9:00 AM. While we may wait a couple of minutes, late comers cannot be allowed entry to the backside, so please be prompt. The stable gate is located on Barenscheer (sp) Rd. If you’re approaching Canterbury from 169, go straight through the lights instead of turning left at the light. The backside will be on your left. Take the first left and then the first left again. That is the stable entrance. You can park along the side there or along Barensheer on the grass. Please make sure that you are off the road.
– We will check out the end of morning works, go up to the equine pool, swing by the barn and wind up at the admin building;
– There will be a LOT of walking so wear comfortable shoes and be prepared. The tour will take about 2 hours, perhaps a bit more so be comfortable and dress for the weather. There are rest rooms in the admin building and not along the way, so plan accordingly;
– If you’re bringing kids, keep a close hold of them. There is a lot of potential for injury and we cannot be responsible for kids wandering off. Which leads to the next point…
– Horses have the right of way at all times. We’ll keep the group close together and make sure that we give the horses a wide berth. There will be a lot of activity this time of the morning and we need to make sure that we stay out of the way.
– When we get to the barn and Belle is brought out for us, please mind the stable folks that bring her out. Please don’t crowd and listen to their instructions. She’s a sweet girl BUT she’s still a horse and there will be a lot of people.
– If you go to take pictures with her, please don’t dawdle. We want to make sure that everyone gets a chance with her!
The tours are always a big highlight of the Club and it looks like Sunday – at least as of right now – is going to be absolutely gorgeous!
Sorry, not following the directions to the gate. Is it off of Shenandoah on the north side?
Sorry, I’m not familiar with Shenandoah. I don’t believe I’ve ever come in that way. To try and be a little more specific, coming from the direction if 169 or Mystic Lake, drive past the Culver’s on your right. Take the first left and then then first left (there is a sign there in Barenscheer that says “Stable Gate”.
If Shenandoah is the road that comes in by the old festival grounds, take a left on Barenscheer toward Canterbury Road and the gate is on your right.
Perfect, this helps. Thanks!!