It’s tour time on Saturday. The weather looks to be sunny and warm so let’s hope that holds up! We have a full group for Saturday (so anyone that hasn’t RSVP’d yet should look at Sunday the 28th – which is also filling up fast)
– We will meet you all at the stable gate between 9:00 – 9:15 AM. While we may wait a couple of minutes, late comers cannot be allowed entry to the backside, so please be prompt. The stable gate is located on Barenscheer Rd. If you’re approaching Canterbury from 169, go straight through the lights instead of turning left at the Canterbury sign. The backside will be on your left. Take the first left and then the first left again. That is the stable entrance (there is a sign there as well). You can park along the side there or along Barensheer on the grass. Please make sure that you are off the road.
– We will check out the end of morning works, go to the administration building and then swing by the barn(s)
– There will be a LOT of walking so wear comfortable shoes and be prepared. The tour will take about 3 hours so be comfortable and dress for the weather. We will be crossing the exit off the track to get to the trainer’s stand – be aware that it is deep and sandy. There are rest rooms in the admin building and not along the way, so plan accordingly;
– If you’re bringing kids, keep a close hold of them. There is a lot of potential for injury and we cannot be responsible for kids wandering off. Which leads to the next point…
– Horses have the right of way at all times. We’ll keep the group close together and make sure that we give the horses a wide berth. There will be a lot of activity this time of the morning and we need to make sure that we stay out of the way.
– When we get to the barn and our horses are brought out for us, please mind the stable folks that bring them out. Please don’t crowd and listen to their instructions. Both horses are good natured BUT they are still horses and there will be a lot of people.
– If you go to take pictures with them, please don’t dawdle. We want to make sure that everyone gets a chance with them!
-Finally, please stay with the group. Unlicensed personnel cannot be unescorted on the back side. You cannot wander around the barns and just visit horses. There are liability issued to consider, both for the track and for the trainers whose barn you wander into.
Finally, below is the latest financial statement but does NOT include the latest vet bills (because we don’t have them yet…). It gives you an idea, though, of where we are at heading into the break.
See you Saturday!