Belle is doing well. We didn’t get her in this weekend but, as Nevada mentioned in the video that was posted earlier, we will work her out this weekend and shoot for a conditioned (non-winners of 4 lifetime) claiming race for next weekend.
Here are the details for Saturday morning:
– We will meet you all at the stable gate at 9:00 AM. While we may wait a couple of minutes, late comers cannot be allowed entry to the backside, so please be prompt. The stable gate is located on Barenscheer (sp) Rd. If you’re approaching Canterbury from 169, go straight through the lights instead of turning left at the light. The backside will be on your left. Take the first left and then the first left again. That is the stable entrance. You can park along the side there or along Barensheer on the grass. Please make sure that you are off the road.
– The second training break of the morning is from 9-9:30 so we will take advantage of this time to visit the Administration building, then we’ll watch some horses working over the track as it reopens, visit the equine pool and then by the Litfin barn to visit with Belle;
– There will be a LOT of walking so wear comfortable shoes and be prepared. The tour will take about 2 hours, perhaps a bit more so be comfortable and dress for the weather. There are rest rooms in the admin building and not along the way, so plan accordingly;
– If you’re bringing kids, keep a close hold of them. There is a lot of potential for injury and we cannot be responsible for kids wandering off. Which leads to the next point…
– Horses have the right of way at all times. We’ll keep the group close together and make sure that we give the horses a wide berth. There will be a lot of activity this time of the morning and we need to make sure that we stay out of the way.
– When we get to the barn and Belle is brought out for us, please mind the stable folks that bring her out. Please don’t crowd and listen to their instructions. She’s a sweet girl BUT she’s still a horse and there will be a lot of people.
– If you go to take pictures with her, please don’t dawdle. We want to make sure that everyone gets a chance with her!
The tours are always a big highlight of the Club. It looks like Saturday – at least as of right now – is going to be overcast and a bit chilly (for summer) so dress accordingly!